The Iowa Statewide Interoperable Communications System Board (ISICSB) is hosting a 1 day workshop (Tuesday March 27, 2012) on public safety broadband. You’ve heard about this emerging technology, but may not understand how it will work nor what it may do for public safety. Attend this workshop, entitled “Broadband 101” to learn more and get your questions answered.
The workshop will provide public safety and elected officials:
- An overview of this emerging technology
- How it relates to your traditional land-mobile radio systems
- Examples of its capabilities and how it will enhance public safety response
- ISICSB is one of twenty-one license holders in the nation on this technology
- What will it do for your agency/city/county
- What part it is expected to play in Iowa’s statewide plan
Register online by going to the following link: http://events.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=lkjmoniab&oeidk=a07e5l60tf065171ec7
Registration deadline is Thursday March 22nd
This workshop will be held Tuesday March 27th, 2012 at the Iowa Department of Public Safety ICN conference room.
Remote locations: If you cannot attend in person, we will set up a limited number of ICN locations for remote attendance for those who RSVP and make prior arrangements.
Expenses/lodging: Travel and lodging may be reimbursed for travel greater than 50 miles.
Who should attend: Any public safety or elected official who is interested in learning more about this emerging technology and how it will affect public safety responses.
Questions: Contact Iowa Statewide Interoperability Coordinator Jim Bogner at 515-725-6108 or Bogner@dps.state.ia.us or Melissa Bremer at 515-725-6091 or firstname.lastname@example.org.