Note: To save time from typing comment box information when each appointment is scheduled, type information in advance in an e-mail, save to draft folder and when needed use the copy and paste function.
- Open Calendar in Outlook.
- Click on the day of the appointment from the calendar on the left. Ex. Oct. 12
- Double click on the appointment time from the calendar on the right. Ex. 10 a.m.
- A screen opens up titled Untitled-Appointment or Untitled-Event.
- Go to Subject line. Enter "Name of Person (Vaccination Clinic Appt.)". Ex. Jane Doe (Vaccination Clinic Appt.)
- Go to Location line. Enter room location of clinic.
- Go to Start Time. Click inside the time box and type the time you want. Ex. 10:05 a.m. Depress tab or enter key to accept change. End Time defaults to 30 minutes after your start time. You do not need to change this.
- Confirm that the Reminder box is checked. It defaults to 15 minutes.
- At bottom of the screen is the comment box. Include the following information:
- Click on Invite Attendees. This will bring up a To... line.
- Place the participant's name on this line.
- Click on Send. Outlook will send the appointment time to the participant's e-mail and calendar. The e-mail appointment message will ask them to accept the appointment.
The appointment will also populate your calendar since you are the organizer.
An e-mail reminder will be sent to the participant 15 minutes prior to their scheduled appointment.