FEMA’s efforts to strengthen operational coordination with the private sector span the breadth of the Agency’s programs and core functions. This webinar will explore a new direction in non-procurement logistics coordination and planning during disasters.
FEMA’s Logistics Management Directorate (LMD) traditionally supports state, local, tribal and territorial governments during disasters by providing goods like food, water, and other essential items that may be in short supply after a disaster. FEMA Logistics is now developing a new approach that incorporates the organic capabilities of organizations within and around communities affected by disasters, to support their ongoing role in providing goods and services after disaster.
You are invited to hear more about this new direction, learn about how FEMA seeks and uses information from the private sector when coordinating logistical support, and participate in a question and answer session on this topic with FEMA senior executives.
RSVP to FEMA-Private-Sector@fema.dhs.gov by Friday, August 1, 2014.
Through a moderated panel followed by audience discussion, this webinar will explore:
· FEMA’s disaster logistics processes and capabilities related to disasters
· Private sector disaster logistics and supply chain processes and capabilities related to maintaining or re-establishing goods and services after disasters
· Mutual expectations during disasters and steady state
· Existing processes that are available through FEMA to help the private sector overcome logistical challenges related to business restoration following a disaster
· Planning information requirements by FEMA Logistics and the private sector
Additional details, including the webinar link, will be made available in the coming weeks.
Moderator: Jeanie Moore, Acting Director, Private Sector Division/External Affairs/FEMA
Vision 2015: Reshaping FEMA Logistics around Inherent Community Capabilities
Jeff Dorko, Assistant Administrator, Logistics Management Division, FEMA
Future Planning: All-Source Information for Future Planning
Josh Dozor, Acting Director, Planning/Operations Response and Recovery, FEMA
Perspective from the Field: How it all Comes Together
Mike Lapinski, Federal Coordinating Officer, FEMA